When bloggers and charity combine .. the world is a better place. In all seriousness, the power of a kind hearted blogger committed to blogging for good is immense! Using your voice for good is one of the greatest things about being a blogger, if only more bloggers lived by this philosophy, it would create even more change and help even more of our fellow humans who are most in need!
On this particularly pretty occasion we came together for the Gidget Foundation. As my friends and loyal readers would know, this beautiful little charity was set up by the friends and family of Gidget. Gidget took her own life during the darkness of perinatal anxiety and depression and I am reminded of this with every action I take to support this charity and this cause.
My own experience with PND is what led me to Gidget and her family and friends, and I have been blessed with the privilege of volunteering some of my time and expertise over the past (almost) two years. Just on that topic, volunteering is an essential part of living a life of service, generosity and soul, I urge you to explore this for yourself, here is a good place to start.
Back to the charity at the heart of this post .. a small group of kind hearted bloggers gathered at Gidget House recently, to learn more about the work being done for families in distress. It is hard to put into words the energy in this sacred space. Gidget House is a dream come true for this group of family and friends, a place where families are warmly embraced and supported without judgement during such a difficult time.
It was a beautiful morning for so many reasons. I know that there is so much more we can be doing to raise awareness of perinatal anxiety and depression, I know that there are still many Mums and Dads out there suffering in silence. It does not make you a bad person or a bad parent. It is essential that you raise your hand, reach out for help and let someone know that you are not OK. You will be cared for, supported and loved back to yourself.
If you would like to get involved with the amazing work being done at the Gidget Foundation, click here to learn more.
On the day of the Gidget blogger gathering we were given some lovely gifts, and I knew that I wanted to give them away as soon as I saw the goody bags! So I have added a few other things (including the beautiful new book from Tiny Buddha). It is really simple to enter, here are all of the details:
1) The prize is all of these lovely things: Beyond the Baby Blues book, Typo notebook, Behind the Mask DVD, 365 Tiny Love Challenges book by Tiny Buddha, Flow Kindness Journal, Rimmel Nail Polish, Gidget Bracelet.
2) How to enter: Leave a comment here on this post with your favourite kindness quote or a few words that you would share with someone in need of a little kindness.
3) This is a game of skill, each entry will be individually considered based on creativity and kindness levels!
4) Open to Australian residents only.
5) The winner will be notified by email and announced on social media.
6) Giveaway closes midnight on Friday 13 November.